Saturday, May 4, 2013

Be Happy. It will change your life.


2013 has been a year of change for me. I've completely changed how I live my life. I've lost weight, I've gained friendships I knew were there but just needed some love and attention, and I'm starting to really find out who I am. Most of all, if there was a scale of happiness mine is at the highest capacity right now. I don't know how my heart can be filled with anything else. Thoughts of getting married, "someday babies" and lifelong friendships make me ask how I got to be this lucky. 

The past couple of months have been tough. Just a lot of downs...but we made it through. We chose even during difficult times, to be happy. If there is a major thing Eric has taught me in the 8 years of knowing him its that you just need to be happy. His approach on difficult times amazes me. It always starts with assessing the situation, if something can be done to help, you do that. If there isn't anything you can do, why stress over it? Just move on and be happy. You have the ability to choose how happy you are no matter your circumstances. You can have absolutely nothing and the world can be closing in and you still have the ability to be happy. 

Lately, I have really started running. Daily. Longer lengths, more often, faster. I've just gone out there and done it. I now have a drive to do it and get better everyday. Some days suck. Others I feel like I could go for miles. The point is, each day I get out there and I do it. I run. When running you are quickly reminded about the power of your mind. How much your mind controls what you do. Physically you get to the point where you want to stop. Mentally, you love being out there and running, you love the feeling, you love the endorphins. So you have to tell yourself to just keep going. To work through the fatigue. Even though physically you think you are done, you push on and your mind allows you to do more than your body thought you could. 

Being happy is just the same. No matter the distractions in life, or all of the "stuff" going on you still have the ability mentally to tell yourself you are going to be happy. To choose to be happy. It's really that simple. If you have a happy outlook on life you will be happy. Take joy in the simple things, don't sweat the little stuff because at the end of the day it's just stuff. Happiness is contagious and can change how other people look at their life. Choose to be happy and it really will change your life.

xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have the same outlook. If you choose to focus on the negative your life will be nothing but a misery. I'm always looking a the positive and happy in everything. I think it drives my friends and family insane some times...oh well.

http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/